Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Song(s) of the Moment [7/11]


Songs of the Moment is a bi-monthly feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.



These two songs definitely represent a moment. More like mood. And possibly the year.


This is the first time I'm seeing this music video and it makes so much sense!




I heard this song the other day and it took me back to 2009 when I was having a really bad day, I was unsure about my future; still am technically but I hide it better now- except when I'm pushed to the brink as I so often am- and I had it on repeat for about an hour. If I remember correctly it was a rainy day so there were literally clouds.
While listening, probably for the tenth time that day, I had a moment where I realized that I would find a way to work through it all. This was also a few months before I realized "it's just life who cares if I fail?" Weird way to phrase it but I have since lived with the attitude that certain events are not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment